Monday, April 6, 2009

Thing4_21st Century


For Some reason, I seemed to have missed this post, but kind of answered it in the Thing 5 Post. I'm not sure what happened there=)

When I think back on my school days, I remember dittos;) which just shows how much even our copying technology has changed. I also remember that teachers took attendance and did grades by hand.

As for teaching, it was a lot of blackboards and worksheets. Now teachers use powerpoints our network drives within school to give students worksheets.

I think it also depends on the technology of the school. Some teachers do not have access to the technology in their classrooms. Therefore, a lot of them have to teach with the blackboards/textbooks.

We did have labs when I was in high school, but the internet was not quite what it is today and they didn't really teach about that, it was all computer applications. Which even today is still important and I teach it in my classes.

Overall, I think we've made a change for the good, but it's going to keep changing so we have to stay caught up and current with our methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment