Sunday, April 19, 2009

Thing 21







The first video is by far my favorite!! That little girl became so famous from that video! I posted the 2nd (which we've seen a few time on this professional development) because nobody explains things better than these guys! I use all of their videos in my classes. Which answers the questions of how I would use them. I do, a lot, I usually embed them into my powerpoints. I think it just helps give a little more instruction to my studnets and clears up any unanswered questions. Obviously the risk of using these videos is when students get on video sites, they can get off track and begin searching for videos. YouTube is blocked at our school, which as a computer teacher, is somewhat of a blessing. When a student is in front of the computer for 72 minutes, it's better to have the least amount of distractions as possible.

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious!!! I can't wait to show this one to my husband! I agree the second video you shared is very helpful!! I enjoyed being taught how to do things by watching him move the paper cut outs around the screen.

    ReplyDelete