Sunday, April 19, 2009

Thing 19_Podcasts

I listened to several different poscasts. I listened to the family health radio, San Diego Zoo Interviews, and then some of the students podcasts. Those were probably my favorite to listen to, some were better than others, but they were giving me good ideas. The site I was on was for a speech class and the students were just giving different speeches about what they believe in. A podcast is definitly something I would like to teach in my class. Theonly thing that I don't really like about the podcast is that I'm a visual learner and when I'm listening to them I tend to get distracted, if there are no visuals to keep my attention. I think for that reason, I myself would prefer a vodcasts and kind of think that my students would lean that way as well.

Since, I teach online tools, I would like to simply teach them how to make a podcast and show them examples like you did for us. I'm not quite sure what I would have them do the podcast of, but I was thinking for their exam review, that way they could listen to it on their ipod/mp3 player and I might get a better chance of them studying=) We have the technology for my students to do these, but they may be time consuming and finding a place to record them (quietly) could be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment